Oregon Coast with Kids- Cape Lookout State Park
The next stop on our ultimate guide to the Oregon Coast with kids is Cape Lookout State Park. After you've stopped by the magical Cape Meares State Park, ( check out our review of the park by clicking the link) head over to Cape Lookout State Park to relax by the beach, play in the small sand dunes, enjoy a lovely picnic or even set up camp!
Things we loved about Cape Lookout State Park
1. Beautiful trails, including some very easy kid-friendly ones.
2. Lots of amazing camping spots.
3. Beautiful beach, perfect for beach combing
4. A lovely and lush old-growth forest to explore if you need a break from the beach.
5. Great amenities ( i.e. picnic spots, potties etc.)
6. Fun little dunes the kids loved rolling down.
Other things to do in the area
1. Travel further south to check out Cape Kiwanda State Park
2. Visit the Sand Lake Recreation Area.
3. Check out the Nestucca Bay National Wildlife Refuge
4. Visit the Bob Straub State Park
5. Check out the beautiful Clay Myers State Natural Area at Whalen Island
6. Visit Bayocean Peninsula Park for amazing views.
7. View a beautiful lighthouse at Cape Meares State Park,